An exciting role as Marketing Assistant has opened up at Shalom. You will play an integral role in a diverse team under the direction of our Marketing Director.
We are looking for an innovative, confident creative, strong collaborator, intuitive and driven person who wants to help us further succeed in our goals for the community.
Shalom’s mission is to increase the vibrancy and engagement of the Sydney Jewish Community. Our programs are inclusive with an emphasis on Jewish life. We are successful in this mission through our suite of programs ranging from PJ Library and Shalom Baby for our young families, Moishe House, Thinktrepreneur, Unplugged and Adamama for our Young Adults, and Limmud, Sydney Jewish Writers Festival and our annual Theatre production for all demographics.
This is a full time position– although as an organisation who prides itself on being truly inclusive, we are open to flexible working arrangements to suit personal situations.
Salary range for this position is 50-55k depending on experience (not including superannuation).
Benefits include parking, daily lunch during UNSW academic period, Jewish holidays off in addition to annual leave.
Please send CV, cover letter and examples of copy-writing to email@example.com
- Personable and a team player
- Innovative, creative and intuitive
- Strong abilities in copy-writing and a skilled storyteller
- Strong administration skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Up to date knowledge of trends in communication
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of Adobe suite preferred
- Experience with WordPress preferred
Deliver key elements of the marketing strategy, including imagery and copy with correct tone for each brand:
- Social Media
- Social Stories
- Scheduling for all posts in ZOHO, scheduling and CRM software.
- Social live streaming of key events
- Organising of all digital requirements for events
Work with Marketing Director, Program Director and Managers to support development and delivery of program-specific strategies:
- Work with Program Managers to determine marketing requirements for each event. Alongside Marketing Director, sign off on look and feel with Graphic Designer and Program Managers.
- Support Program Managers to deliver marketing requirements sustainably
- Deliver major marketing requirements for major Shalom programs including sourcing and working with professional volunteers
Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationships with key marketing stakeholders for all programs:
- Manage key media stakeholders in both print and digital media. Ensure Shalom is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them.
- Work with marketing and PR contacts at other community organisations for mutual benefit
Establish and monitor end to end program engagement in conjunction with Marketing and Program director:
- Champion brand consistency across all external marketing and communication initiatives
- Enhance the Organisation’s image and position within the community and increase brand awareness
- Attend courses and workshops if Marketing Director deems valuable for Shalom and your work within it.