FTE 0.8 – Full Time, Maternity Cover and ongoing
Manager Director of Programs
Shalom seeks to increase the vibrancy of the Sydney Jewish Community through Jewish life and learning in an inclusive way. We run programs and events throughout the year, under several different brands or in partnership with other organisations. We intersect secular lived experience with relevant Jewish wisdom in a way that empowers young adults to establish a meaningful and relevant Jewish life.
We are looking for someone to provide maternity cover for the Sydney Jewish Writers Festival, to ensure ongoing engagement with the program and further development of new ideas. This will occupy around 50% of the role, with the further time being used to work on other programs and initiatives as instructed.
We are looking for someone innovative, organised, who can engage well within a team environment while working independently. We aspire to make communal change and reward new ideas, out-of-the-box thinking and personal drive. If you have a particular interest in Jewish culture, ideas, literature and/or arts, then we’d love to hear from you.
Program team responsibilities
- Participate in the creative design, preparation and execution of programs. In some instances, you may lead these programs and team members who work with you on them. In some instances you will be required to present or introduce events and speakers.
- Participate in generating new ideas, sourcing new opportunities and developing Shalom’s program offering.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of program evaluation and organisational impact strategies.
- Engage in relevant stakeholder management.
- Regularly update Zoho database to support program evaluation and future marketing efforts.
- Support the execution of the social media strategy.
- Participate in personal engagement and recruitment for programs.
- Provide content for regular e-newsletters to the Marketing Director.
- Work collaboratively with the entire Shalom team to deliver on Shalom’s strategy.
- Be a positive ambassador of Shalom within the organisation and beyond.
- Keep appropriate documentation and up-to-date digital files to assist with organisational memory.
- Maintain and develop strong ties with community partners.
- Support the preparation of the JCA and other funding submissions.
- Remain connected to contemporary research.
- Adhere to WHS guidelines and ensure that the office and storage spaces are tidy and accessible at all times.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Assist the Director of Programs with any community or organisational initiatives that the Director of Programs deems relevant.
- Innovative mindset
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Microsoft office skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, culture and life
To apply, send CV and cover letter addressing relevant skills and experience to email@example.com