Family Cookbook Society
Shalom is launching the Family Cookbook Society, where you will create a book full of recipes and stories to cherish, nourish, and pass down to the next generation.
We invite 20 and 30 year olds to join this first cohort on a 6 months journey of creating a family cookbook (Max 25 People)
Four Workshops – all dates to be confirmed SOON!
- How to create a family cookbook: overview and how to get started (May 7)
- Recreating family recipes (July 17)
- Food photography (August 6)
- Food writing (October 15)
Missed the May workshop? Don’t worry! You can still sign up for the rest of May and we’ll catch you up on the content you missed!
Cohort Whatsapp Group
- Weekly prompts to help you focus and keep working on your cookbook
- Ask and receive answers to any questions as you start testing recipes, interviewing family members, and arranging the material in your book.
- You will also receive a notepad with your own family photo on the cover (please attach photo when booking your ticket).
In the first workshop Shalom’s Anna (Anya) Kharzeeva will share useful tips and instruments to start working on your own family cookbook to launch the start of the Family Cookbook Society.
By November you will have your own family cookbook and story. Self-publish this special book and gift it to your parent, grandparent, or the whole mishpuha.
This is the first cohort of the program, for $30 you get access to all the workshops and online support.
There will be the potential opportunity to be published in a special cook book celebrating Shalom’s 50th Anniversary
WHEN: 10:30am-12pm, Sunday, 7th May 2023
6-8pm, Monday, 17th July 2023
10:30am-12pm, Sunday, 6th August 2023
10:30am-12pm, Sunday, 15th October 2023
WHERE: Woollahra Library – 536 New South Head Road, Double Bay