Do you have an idea for a program or event that you want to bring to life?
Do you want to build community in your own unique way?
The Platform can give you up to $2000, professional guidance and personal development to bring your idea to fruition.
Fill in the application by April 26th to start your journey of creativity, creating community and meet like minded people along the way.
The Platform Plan
- We are looking for social entrepreneurs, aspiring community leaders and big thinkers to join the team working towards a more engaged and diverse Jewish community.
- You are eligible to apply for up to $2,000 in the Platform Micro Grants per calendar year!
- Applications for the current year’s pool of funding must be submitted by April 26
- The Platform Micro Grants are awarded for events or initiatives that engage in the following categories;
- Health and Wellbeing
- Community building
- Social justice
- The program or event should be aimed at increasing opportunities for engagement and social interactions within the Sydney Jewish Community, considerations would be made for programs and events within the ACT or wider NSW, and inspired by something Jewish or have a Jewish connection.
- Programs can be a single standalone event, or a series of smaller events.
- The Platform Micro Grants are paid in the form of reimbursements during the preparation of the event, and following the event. 50% can be reimbursed prior to the event, and 50% will be reimbursed following the event.
- Once all applications have been accepted you will be invited to meet up with a Shalom staff member for a brainstorm and interview.
- Upskill. You will be invited to a planning day with professional staff and other Platform members to ideate and start to create a plan for your new project. You will also be required to attend our Thinkrepeneur Masterclasses throughout the year to develop your professional skills.
- Mentorship. You will be assigned a professional from the Shalom team to help guide you through the creation of your project, to be a sounding board and offer networking opportunities.
- Activate. You will need to pick a date, time, location and do any logistical and curation work that is required. All ticketing can be done through Shalom systems, Shalom will also put the event/project through it’s marketing channels.
- Report. Following the event you and our team will meet to discuss the event, and connect with some key learnings, and the future of your program, with possible future funding available.
APPLY BY 26 APRIL