What else you need to know about the ‘Shalom | Graf Oration’…
The ‘Shalom | Graf Oration’ was established to honour the memory of Ervin Graf OAM, a former President and Life Governor of Shalom, as well as founder of the Stockland Property Group, and his wife and partner in all things, Kitty Graf.
The first ‘Shalom | Graf Oration’ was held in October 2010.
The 2016 ‘Shalom | Graf Oration’ is a panel discussion. The topic is ‘Global issues and their impact on Israel and Australia’ and the panellists are:
- Peter Hartcher – Political and International Editor, Sydney Morning Herald
- Anthony Bubalo – Deputy Director, Lowy Institute for International Policy
- A/Prof Leanne Piggott – National Education Director, Centre for Social Impact; Middle-East expert
- Vic Alhadeff – Moderator – CEO, NSW Jewish Board of Deputies; former editor of the AJN.
Previous orators include:
- Amos Oz – iconic Israeli writer, novelist, journalist and professor of literature
- Professor Deborah Lipstadt – award-winning author and academic whose books include ‘History on Trial: My Day in Court with a Holocaust Denier’ and ‘The Eichmann Trial’
- Yossi Klein Halevi – a leading Israeli writer and journalist, whose book, ‘Like Dreamers…’ was named best Jewish book of the year 2013
- Prof Boaz Ganor – world renowned authority on counterterrorism.